Senior Backend (Rust) Engineer
Key skills required: Node.js
What will you do
- Take ownership of the backend platform developed by a third party software provider
- Design and implement core components of the Solana application, such as smart contracts and backend integration layers.
- Integrate and manage existing APIs layer using REST and GraphQL
- Help design and implement new features
What will you bring
- 3+ years of experience with Rust, deep familiarity with the programming
- language including high comfort level with advanced concepts such as generics, lifetimes, memory management, concurrency etc.
- Some familiarity with advanced benchmarking and testing frameworks (prop- testing, fuzzing).
- Basic familiarity with cryptography - e.g., hash functions, finite fields.
- Blockchain knowledge
- Familiarity with writing smart contracts in Rust
- Experience with JS and NodeJS
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with relational and non relational DBs
- Preferred experience with ReactJS
- Working to improve and maintain the reliability and availability of our services.
- Actively troubleshooting any issues that arise during testing and deployment, catching and solving issues before launch.
- Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements.
- Establish DevOps Engineer team best practices.
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes. Work with CI/CD tools, and source control such as GIT and SVN.
- Design and scale our back-end systems and platforms, adding automation, monitoring and observability as needed to increase the ability of teams to self-manage the code they’re deploying.
- Provide incident response and support for our production systems.
- Continued technical growth through constant experimentation, learning, and rapid project iteration.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field, or 7+ years of progressive relevant experience.
- You have good knowledge of AWS tools
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructure, and Linux/Unix system administration tasks on varied linux distributions with deep knowledge of linux fundamentals.
- Experience with managing SQL and NoSQL databases like MySQL/MariaDB, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, RDS, InfluxDB, & LevelDB.
- Knowledge of scripting languages; Bash and JS as a must. Knowledge of systems programming languages alternative to Rust, such as GoLang.
- Experience with configuration management tooling like Puppet, Chef, Saltstack, Ansible, Hashicorp.
- Experience with monitoring tools like Datadog, Grafana, Prometheus, etc.
- Experience with continuous Integration and continuous delivery tools, like Jenkins, CircleCI, Github Actions, etc.
- More than five years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role); experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus.
- Must have extensive AWS cloud experience and familiarity configuring, scaling, tuning and monitoring the range of AWS services.A multi-cloud background with strong experience in any of GCP, Azure, ACS, & Digital Ocean or other clouds in addition to AWS would be excellent.
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes to both technical and non-technical audiences as needed.
- You have experience producing operational and design documentation for the things you build, and have written blameless post-mortem docs after troubleshooting service issues.
Node.js 1-2 years