Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
JUVARE is a worldwide leader in emergency preparedness and critical incident management and response technology. Juvare solutions empower government agencies, corporations, healthcare facilities, academic institutions, and volunteer organizations to leverage real-time data to manage incidents faster and more efficiently, protecting people, property, and brands.
JUVARE Mission Statement: Juvare’s mission is to strengthen and optimize information sharing to empower preparedness and response professionals to protect people, property, and brands.
JUVARE Core Values: Client Focused (Maximize positive client impact.), Courageous (Be bold. Speak up. Take action.) and Curious (Embrace the art of the possible.)
JUVARE Value Statement: Juvare means “to help.” We believe that by partnering with our clients to understand the challenges they face, and pursuing solutions with curiosity and courage, we will maximize the positive impact we have on the preparedness and response community, and those they serve around the world.
The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for developing and executing quality strategy for our enterprise web application products.
As our Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be a part of highly skilled Scrum team. You will be responsible for implementing and improving quality across all products and solutions, with the explicit aim of preventing defects instead of simply detecting them. Your responsibilities will also include designing, implementing and running a balanced automation and exploratory test strategy for a specific product or a family of products.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate advocate for quality, attentive to details and focused on value delivery.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Design, implement and execute test strategy which includes automated and/or manual testing effort.
- Create and maintain test suites that are derived from product specifications and discussions with Product Owners, Business Analysts and Software Engineers.
- Design and implement automated test frameworks for Web and Mobile Applications.
- Support the software engineering team to develop high quality software based on business-driven goals in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in our Agile/Scrum process. Ability to lead the process is an advantage.
- Mentor less experienced Quality Assurance Engineers in the company.
- Continuously grow personal and professional skills driven by challenging goals.
- Comprehend and adhere to the OWASP Top 10 security best practices.
- Include Security as a focus every time an application is created or modified.
- Involve the Information Security liaison in the early stages of any major development.
- Understand the ISO 27001 security requirements.
- Compliance with Juvare policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering.
- 4+ years’ experience in web or mobile testing, test development or automation role.
- Requirement Skills:
- Experience automating Functional, Regression testing.
- Performance and Penetration Testing experience is preferred.
- Experience of building test automation solutions using Selenium, Specflow, Cypress or other equivalent tools.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and methodical problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development team.